Well spring is approaching and that means going to the lake, hiking, golf and all that other great out door stuff. Most of which goes great with beer. But most outdoor areas will not allow bottle, can only. I know Fat Tire coes in a can and I have always said more breweries should offer cans. A new brewery in Nevada send me there new offering in a full pint can. Below is there press release and a tasting will follow soon.
Buckbean Brewing Company
WHAT WE ARE: Buckbean Brewing Company is the first package brewery in Western Nevada and only the second in the Silver State. The brewery will begin operations in a new 7,600-square-foot facility in Reno, NV in April 2008.
WHAT WE DO: The largest packaging brewing operation in Northern Nevada, Buckbean Brewing Company plans to debut with two styles of beer in 16 oz. cans, but will also offers different styles on tap. The new brewery will also house a tasting room and offer guided tours free of charge.
• Black Noddy Lager: Bavarian Schwarzbier style lager with deep color, moderate hops and smooth, toasty flavors that unfurl in layers
• Original Orange Blossom Ale: A bright zesty ale built from Munich and caramel malts, American hops and orange flowers
WHO STARTED BUCKBEAN: Buckbean Brewing Company is the vision of Reno native Douglas S. Booth and veteran brewmaster Daniel B. Kahn. These two self described “beer junkies” joined up over three years ago to create a new kind of microbrew appealing to both male and female beer drinkers.
WHY BEER IN A CAN:
• Cans protect beer quality better than bottles
• Cans are lighter (less fuel to ship)
• Cans can go anywhere—events, parks, camping, golf
• A case of cans uses about 70% less paper and cardboard than a case of bottles
• Cans are more compact and take less room in your fridge or cooler
WHERE YOU CAN FIND BUCKBEAN BEER: Buckbean beer is available at local grocery stores, bars and retails outlets. For a complete up to date list please visit our website www.buckbeanbeer.com
Visit www.buckbeanbeer.com or call 775-857-4444
ADDRESS: 1155 S. Rock Blvd
Reno, NV 89502
Tues to Thurs – 11 AM to 6 PM
Fri & Sat – 11 AM to 7 PM